Grower Problem To Solve - Design a "purpose-built" stake that builds stronger and straighter tree stems "naturally" when used with grow tubes. Make it easy to use, engineer it for the toughest jobs, and build it to last to use again, and again.
Solution: SunFlex Reinforced Fiberglass Stakes!
SunFlex stakes help grow stronger tree stems in a grow tube from the start - Like everything we do at Plantra, it all begins with growing the plant and the SunFlex stake is no exception. Trees use a variety of environmental influences to grow and wind is an important factor in normal stem development. SunFlex stakes harness the wind to stimulate plant growth responses that encourage stronger stems - a process known as Thigmomorpogenesis. Unlike traditional, rigid staking systems which can lock tubes in place and prevent natural movement of the developing tree, SunFlex gently moves back and forth when the wind blows and returns to straight to train your trees tall, straight and strong.
SunFlex is super strong and delivers where other stakes can't - SunFlex reinforced stake designs get the job done by combining all of the following into a one-of-a-kind staking system perfect for use in your field:
- Trunk-building flexibility - SunFlex bends naturally when when the wind blows (just like a tree) and has "memory" to return to straight when the wind stops (just like a tree) to keep your trees growing straight up! The key to SunFlex is balancing strength and flexibility which all starts with a fiber-reinforced backbone composed of woven, overlapping layers of e-glass that bend but don't break. Fiber-reinforcement makes SunFlex stronger when compared to non-reinforced fiberglass rods.
- Professionally engineered for superior strength - Solid reinforced construction combined with load-bearing, 3-sided geometry gives SunFlex greater strength and memory than standard 1/2-inch round fiberglass rods or non-reinforced, hollow plastic or light gauge metal materials that bend and stay bent.
- Soil-gripping surface area - Three-side geometry increases surface area contact with the soil to hold fast even on the windiest sites.
- Proven technology - Nurseries have long used fiberglass stakes to train trees tall, straight and strong. SunFlex stakes for the first time deliver the same benefits with SunFlex grow tubes.
SunFlex is super-easy to use - When time, money, and labor matter SunFlex delivers with an easy-to-use design ready for the field:
- Lighter weight - Multi-sided geometry delivers greater strength per unit of weight whether building strength into an air plane wing or using roof trusses in a building. SunFlex designs leverage complex geometry to deliver greater strength in a lighter weight stake. Lighter weight ships for less money and is easier to carry in the field. Weighing in at less than 1/3 the weight of conventional oak stakes means you can carry three times as many SunFlex stakes at one time - all without getting splinters!
- Ground line markers - Each SunFlex stake comes marked with a “ground-line” indicator so you don’t have guess how deep to drive the stake. Just drive the stake until the “ground-line” is flush with the soil and you’re done!
- Easy to drive - Rugged, solid construction and soil penatrating profile make driving SunFlex a dream when compared to wooden or hollow plastic and metal materials.This saves time and reduces worker fatigue to get your planting jobs jobs finished sooner and with less effort.
SunFlex Lasts.... and Lasts - SunFlex is U.V resistant to the sun's rays and will last for years and years to stretch your investment even further when it comes time to plant again. No need to replace rotting wood or warping hollow, plastic and metal stakes. SunFlex gets the job done now and in the future.
Put SunFlex to work in your fields and you'll get
stronger and straigter trees with less time and money!